Free Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holic Game Launcher

3 posters

Go down

Holic Game Launcher Empty Holic Game Launcher

Post  Nothilvien Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:41 am

heyhey

i think this is a nice community so i want to share my peace of work.

i coded a game launcher (based on ie components, so if u use ff, u also have to install that mgame plugin for ie, but that pop ups if this is thecase)

So you dont have to open your webbrowser w/e to satrt the game, its a simple application.

i know you may think keylogger/hack etc, but i dont care, i only care about the game and a easy way to get in, without getting forced to start my browser. belive me or not up to you.

if you have some skills in network feel free to analyze my tool if it connects to any strange server, i promise it only connects to holic server.
or make "test" account and try it.

so thats all i gotta say to ppl who say "keylogger"

its coded in delphi and if you ask me nice i may give you source.

anyways i wont take any responsibility for using this, simply because it is not protected (like holic is protected by x-trap)
plus i dont want ppl to blame me if they've been stupid and give thair acc infos out and blame this tool.

thats all, now enjoy it. =)

here is the Download link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zdcg2fjakcl

any feedback is greatly liked, improovment suggestions etc~

bye.
Noth.

Nothilvien

Back to top Go down

Holic Game Launcher Empty Re: Holic Game Launcher

Post  Silvas Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:26 am

Hello, Nothilvien,

I must admit this is a beautifull application you have made. It is just like you said no virus, trojan and not even a keylogger. I think i am going to use this tool for Holic online from now on. I also want to add that the game IS protected by x-trap.For the feedback there isn't any just leave it as it is simple and effective.

Oh, just something that comes to my mind as feedback, mabye you can add a remember function to the app, but it is less safe unless you can encrypt it.

Silvas
Silvas
Silvas

Back to top Go down

Post  Nothilvien Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:46 am

Silvas wrote:

Oh, just something that comes to my mind as feedback, mabye you can add a remember function to the app, but it is less safe unless you can encrypt it.

yes that is waht i mean, my application is not protected! means if u have already a troja on your pc, he can read waht u type in the application, becasue xtrap do not protect my application. (if u have a trojan and type in holic, it may be protected by x-trap)

and i was about to create remember options, but as u said, its not easy to find a good encryption.

ill think about it.

thank you for trusting me~
its not easy these days.

p.s. is it even allowed to use such tools? i tried to ask on the holic page, but no asnwer yet =(.
and i coudnt wait to share it so i posted it here.
if it gets anyone in trouble i will remove it.

noth.

Nothilvien

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvas Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Nothilvien wrote:
p.s. is it even allowed to use such tools? i tried to ask on the holic page, but no answer yet =(.
and i coudnt wait to share it so i posted it here.
if it gets anyone in trouble i will remove it.

I have looked into this matter for you by reading the user agreement. (Which is a lot of text Razz)
It says that you are forbidden to:

1. Use Cheating programs or any program that's related to it.
2. You may not modify the game client.
3. You may not exploit program bugs.

So the conclusion is that your little app is legal you don't do the things that are written above. If they have problems with it they have to confirm there selfs, because there is nothing to find about it in the users agreement.

Hope this helps a little Wink

Silvas
Silvas
Silvas

Back to top Go down

Post  Nothilvien Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 pm

okay thank you~

1 more question, anyone installed Holic on another location than the default? (c->mgame-holicUsa) ?
if yes, please navigate to ur mgame folder on C (c->mgame)
there shoud be a .ini file called launch_holicUsa.ini or like that, jsut 1 file, i need this file cuz i delted mine and cant launch my game now xD
thx in advance~

Nothilvien

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvas Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Nothilvien wrote:okay thank you~

1 more question, anyone installed Holic on another location than the default? (c->mgame-holicUsa) ?
if yes, please navigate to ur mgame folder on C (c->mgame)
there shoud be a .ini file called launch_holicUsa.ini or like that, jsut 1 file, i need this file cuz i delted mine and cant launch my game now xD
thx in advance~

Lol, lucky for you that i have the file right here.
Here you go hopefully you can play Holic once more.

Silvas
Silvas
Silvas

Back to top Go down

Post  Nothilvien Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:32 pm

yaer ur awesome thanks, i thought that this file belongs to the firefox launch plugin, and cuz i use my tool wich is based on ie i thought i can delete it, i was wrong =(

and only people who install holic on diff location have this file, so lucky u did my hero<3

i can paly now MUHAHA

after im home from work tomorrow ill ad a save user id and save pw option, based on AES (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard) =)

and i already have an idea for my next Holic realted project,
a Holic Game Repair Tool.

lets say you reinstalled your pc, and keept the holic game files, but you have to reinstall holic in order to make it work, because just with holic files alone it wont work.
here comes my new project, you can just keep your game files and that tool will create all registry entrys+fiels, wich r needet to make the game files working without having running a completly new setup =)

whee i<3holic xD

Nothilvien

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisette Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:11 am

Nice tool ^^, I know lots of people dislike to log in on the web Very Happy .

By the way, if you use Holic on your own computer, there's one more easy way to by pass the login thing. It is to safe your username and encrypted password, then launch HolicLauncher_USA.exe with the username & password as an argument.

One easy way to do this is to catch those datas with little program, then make a shorcut to call the launcher along with these data.

But of course this is very unsafe, because anyone can login to your ID as long as they have access to your computer Very Happy, so I won't give the step-by-step example here. If you're good enough to capture those data, then I assume you're pro enough to protect it also Wink
Lisette
Lisette

Back to top Go down

Post  Nothilvien Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:34 am

wow that sounds interesting, becasue my tool is doing a way long around all this.

actually my tool loads the ie components, navigates to holic page, enters pw&login,(from textboxes), and execute the "start game" button on the main page. after this the mgame plugin will launch holic. (thats why its so slow and loading times =( )

that gives me completly new ideas, because it woud be way faster if i break the encryption, that im able to crypt any word with holic method. this woud mean you dont have t ostore your pw, because it will always get crypted by my tool and sendet then.

plus this way it woud be usable for everyone.

i woud be happy about any informations, so i have to do les research.

i will write any name who helped me in any way to credits =)
but im not the super pro, i do coding as a hobby in my free time, not as main job^^"

so year~
noth.

edit:

okay i used a packed sniffer, got my pw, and started holic with argument, pc crashed x.x
may b i do smt hwrong.. ill go on trying x.x

edit2:

ok now it says "login failed, please reconenct"

"YYYYYYYYYY XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
*where X = pw
y = ID

that is my parameter tho

edit3:

i was stupid,
i didnt thought i need the whole paramaeter.

"/holic.netgame.com 0 0 YYYYYYYYYY XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 1000 1"

login works fine for me with that parameter, now i only need to get the encrytion broken ;O
may take a bit sicne i go paly now as reward taht i managed to sniff the login parameter.

if i managed to break the encryption thingy, i can make my tool building parameters to launch with costum pw.

later~

Nothilvien

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisette Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 pm

That would be nice if you know how to encrypt those data Very Happy. That way you don't need to store the password, but you can create the cipher text each time the user login. Err.. of course it's still unsafe if the computer has keyloger lol.

Breaking the method will be hard I think =(. since every password is encrypted to a longer text, it may be "hash" method. That's mean every length will be "hashed" to same length, but with very very very little chance to have same cipher. But I'm not sure also :p, I'm a computer scientist, but not a pro at this kind of thing too XD.

As far as I know, there's bunch of encryption method, and all of them have a password. Finding which method to use may be easier, but finding the password would be hard o.0. I assume the activeX is only a launcher, so the one who actually encrypt it is the holic's server, which we can't hack :p

I have something that disturbing my mind... I still have no idea why the Holic's dev didn't make a non-web launcher. They might have a reason for it. I affraid if we by-pass it, we ruined their plan or something o.0
Lisette
Lisette

Back to top Go down

Post  Nothilvien Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:23 pm

they didnt made one cuz they want us to log in over the net? unno may b cuz its more secure? no clue,
all in all i gave up on this project, im not in the mood somehow, i made a little launcher even if its slwo its okay.
coudnt manage to find out the way how the pw gets generated.

if anyone ever know how the method is called, wich holic uses, please tell me.
i checked md5 or sh1 but these hashes r to long, and im not in the mood to find all well known hash methods.
and holic coud jsut have changed a single thing in the method and all is screwd ~.~

dont think i only checked these things, i also did analyze the holic page like links get crypted with base64, that didnt worked for the pw too.

you recive the pw hash if u hit the "launch game" button on the main page, in that moment the side sends you your hash.
so the generation must be in some php script, smth that you cant access.

also holic is boring i dont get any lvl up in ages and that just at 25 or smth V_v Sleep

bye noth.

Nothilvien

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvas Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Too bad you gave up on this project, but it seems it was a pain to improve it some more. Anway still enjoying your little program it makes my life so much easier. Razz

thx, Silvas
Silvas
Silvas

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisette Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:13 pm

I was consulting one on my friend, who is also a non proffesional for this case :p. He told me that the encrypted pwd might be very simple, that is if the holic's dev is lazy enough to build their own algorithm. What I mean simple is the build in Password() function on PHP/MySQL/Linux.

The hardest to break is if the dev have their own algorithm, which can be anything Sad.
Maybe i'll try to hash my password with PHP/MySQL/Linux's function in a few days, when I get an access to those programs, and check whether it is the same as the one I got from holic's site.

Anyway, enjoy the game =]
It's hard to level xD, I'm bored with my first class due to slow leveling time, so I level my sub-classes hehe...
Lisette
Lisette

Back to top Go down

Post  Nothilvien Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:11 am

yer i belive too that it is avery simple function, but i dont know all of them, and i dont feel like trying them all.
just need the name for the method, like md5 and it woud be easy. but as long as i dont know the name,cant do anyhtink. incase they didnt modded it or used thair own.

Nothilvien

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down