Free Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i didnt kno where i could ask a question bout the game launcher...

2 posters

Go down

i didnt kno where i could ask a question bout the game launcher... Empty i didnt kno where i could ask a question bout the game launcher...

Post  Jyumi Sat May 24, 2008 6:45 pm

im gettin tired of having to reinstall my holic game. my computer is able to play it, but once i quit, the game launcher wont load the game. my virus scanner is pickin up this "VTrap" .dll file as a trojan.backdoor bla bla thing. so i heal the object[thinkin it may harm my comp]. is this why i have to keep having to reinstall the game? i've reported it to the inquiry already but they just keep givin me dumb auto replies, no true answer. I noticed you guys said XTrap... but it doesnt say that, it says VTrap.

what is this Vtrap and whats its purpose? and why does my scanner pick it up as a trojan?

this would be a great help if you can answer >.>

p.s. sorry if i posted this in the wrong place

Jyumi

http://www.myspace.com/fakjubich

Back to top Go down

i didnt kno where i could ask a question bout the game launcher... Empty Re: i didnt kno where i could ask a question bout the game launcher...

Post  Lisette Sun May 25, 2008 4:09 am

It used to protect the game, so you can't hack the game easily Very Happy
It is not a trojan, so you don't have to clean it nor remove it. The antivirus has some way to detect new viruses (by its behaviour). Since x-trap prevent some memory access, it is suspected to be a virus/trojan, but it is not.

I guess vtrap and xtrap are the same, try not to clean it, hope it works Smile.
Lisette
Lisette

Back to top Go down