Free Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AOE Monk

3 posters

Go down

AOE Monk Empty AOE Monk

Post  Lisette Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:20 pm

I just noticed that Mountain Swing is an AOE skill few days ago, and tried playing with it. Anyone here have some suggestion on AOE monks? It's still difficult for me to finish the mobs at 1x swing, and since the cool down is slow, I can't spam it also =(
Lisette
Lisette

Back to top Go down

AOE Monk Empty Monk AOE

Post  Trickle Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:34 pm

From what I've seen at the early levels, a monk can't stand to aoe swing more than 3 mobs. Since a monk is mostly dps and not so much defenses plus its the only AOE it has, i think it is only if you pull more than one mob. I think AoE warriors are best if you want to do it. I just started playing and I was taking down 4-5 mobs using 1h and 2h weapons with a warrior and a ton of pots. Lemme know if you wanna find out how I do the AoE for warriors ^.^

Trickle

Back to top Go down

AOE Monk Empty Re: AOE Monk

Post  Lisette Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:25 am

How about if the monk party up with hunter/mage which has AOE skills too ? I mean that the monk mob it, use mountain swing, so all the mobs got lots of aggro rate towards him, then let the party finish them.

I usually use a mage, and its usually all the mobs aggro me when I use AOE skills, even when my warrior friend already use Roar. Maybe because Roar gives only a bit aggro rate ?

I just started playing and I was taking down 4-5 mobs using 1h and 2h weapons with a warrior
Is warrior's 1H skill is AOE ?
Lisette
Lisette

Back to top Go down

Post  Christi Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Personally what I've been doing is leveling on mobs 1 to 2 levels lower than me if I feel like AoEing. I've found that in doing this, I can handle more of the mob. (When I was 25, I was killing the Level 23/24 Hollick Giant Workers/Farmers 6-7 at a time.) I can usually kill things like that in one Mountain Swing.

The only reason I kill things lower than me is because I enjoy going it alone, though. Laughing

And even when I'm not killing stuff lower than me, I can take on things that are roughly 4 to 5 levels above me fine, so long as the number of enemies never goes past 3 - 4. All things considered though, the cooldown time for Mountain Swing isn't all that bad, and when I'm mobbing higher stuff I usually just Mountain Swing and skill spam (like Fist blow, which atm for me has a cooldown of only 14 seconds) on things until I can Mountain Swing again.

Just my 2 cents. Smile

Christi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down